Best Marketing Firm and Experience is Often Due to Leadership
Whether you are working on a complex go-to-market strategy or simply putting together a client brochure, quality marketing requires leadership. More specifically, good marketers need to be able to:
- Capture the right information from their client in order to develop a piece or program that effectively reaches and activates a target audience.
- Provide options and scenarios that educate and guide a client towards developing new and more effective marketing approaches.
- Be authentic and speak at a business and executive level in order to provide relief at both the strategic and tactical level.
- Listen and translate situations into a roadmap of activities that helps your team produce quality work while leading your client towards success.
- Confidently communicate often so they know you understand the high-visibility nature of all marketing initiatives.
- Drive quality programs that show qualitative and quantitative results every step of the way.
As the owner of a marketing company in Atlanta, I learned early on that leadership skills (not just marketing-related abilities) are an important part of the customer experience. That meant empowering my team to be leaders (not just executers of marketing programs…although they are good at that too). To that end, here are some of my favorite leadership and marketing quotes that have helped me reinforce a leadership culture that our clients appreciate.
Best Marketing Firm Culture Resource: Leadership Quotes
- “Every time you have to speak,you are auditioning for leadership.” –James Humes
- “A good leader leads the people from above them. A great leader leads the people from within them.”–M. D. Arnold
- “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” —Ronald Reagan
- “To add value to others, one must first value others.”–John Maxwell
- “A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.”–Douglas MacArthur
- “Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.”–Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “There are no office hours for leaders.”–Cardinal J. Gibbons
- “When people talk, listen completely.”–Ernest Hemingway
- “One of the tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.”–Arnold Glasow
- “The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves.”–Ray Kroc
- “Becoming a leader is synonymous with becoming yourself. It is precisely that simple and it is also that difficult.”–Warren Bennis
- “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.”–Warren G. Bennis
- “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.”–Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily, even if you had no title or position.”–Brian Tracy
- “You manage things; you lead people.”–Grace Murray Hopper
- “A great person attracts great people and knows how to hold them together.”— Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- “Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.”–Robert Louis Stevenson
- “The role of leadership is to transform the complex situation into small pieces and prioritize them.”–Carlos Ghosn
- “Average leaders raise the bar on themselves; good leaders raise the bar for others; great leaders inspire others to raise their own bar.”–Orrin Woodward
- “Great leaders are not defined by the absence of weakness, but rather by the presence of clear strengths.”–John Zenger
Best Marketing Firm Culture Resource: Marketing Quotes
- “People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.” – Simon Sinek
- “Make your marketing so useful people would pay for it.” Jay Baer
- “Good marketing makes the company look smart. Great marketing makes the customer feel smart.” – Joe Chernov
- “The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.” – Tom Fishburne
- “Our job is to connect to people, to interact with them in a way that leaves them better than we found them, more able to get where they’d like to go.” – Seth Godin
- “Our jobs as marketers are to understand how the customer wants to buy and help them do so.” – Bryan Eisenberg
- “Speak to your audience in their language about what’s in their heart.” – Jonathan Lister
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
- “Whether B2B or B2C, I believe passionately that good marketing essentials are the same. We all are emotional beings looking for relevance, context and connection.” – Beth Comstock
- “Today it’s important to be present, be relevant and add value.” – Nick Besbeas
- “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
- “Don’t bunt. Aim out of the park. Aim for the company of immortals.” – David Ogilvy
- “Know thyself. Know the customer. Innovate.” – Beth Comstock
- “It’s quite fun to do the impossible.” – Walt Disney
Part 2 of this series will share some of the marketing secrets we’ve learned regarding workflows and client delivery. This will help you move forward in your journey to become the best marketing firm. If you would like to receive an alert when this next piece is available, please visit the footer of our website and sign up for updates.